What are some ways you manage the different jobs in your classroom? I would love to hear new, fresh ideas!
A webpage for teachers and educators to come and share ideas, and inspire one another.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Helping Hands
Every year I struggle with students having jobs in my classroom. I love the concept yet I have never felt like I had a good system. I have tried all sorts of things, many jobs and students names switch through them as the year goes, a few jobs, and assign students, you get the idea. Well this summer I came across a great way to manage jobs somewhere on pinterest! The job system is called "Helping Hands", and each student has a hand with their name written on it. I put all the hands on a ring, and hang them above some jobs. I change the names weekly, and when we get to the end of the list on each side, we change sides. The students LOVE this, and I do as well. At the end of the day, there are two kids out of their seats, instead of 30, and when I need my office assistant, they know exactly who they are so there is no raising of hands and choosing. I love this easy way to manage jobs! Here is a picture of what my jobs look like. Below each job is a brief description as to what is expected of the student.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment