As promised here are the pictures of my Substitute Binder and Sub Box. I keep this box on a counter in the back of my room which makes it easily accessible for my coworkers to access and take things out of for those emergency moments!
This is the cover, isn't it cute?! As I stated in my previous post, a coworker found all of the fun pages on Pinterest, and sent them to us at work. I took advantage, printed them out, and got myself organized!
The first tab is all important procedures, a map of our school, dismissal times, etc...
The next tab holds my class lists, and seating assignments. If any student has any health issues, this is also where the information would go.
This is where I put times for things like P.E., Music, Computer Lab, Library, Lunch, and Recess. I also put in here if I have any duty that needs to be covered.
The all important "Behavior Management" tab! Clearly this is where I put how I manage my classroom. I know many subs often come with their own ways to manage a classroom, but I like to include how I use my "turn card" chart, or in years past, "Clip Chart" It also makes it easier if they can follow the routine.
The "Lesson Plan" tab. I like to put my lesson plans on this page if I know that I will be gone. As for the "Unexpected" days, well that is what the "box" is for. It has many, many different plans, as well as worksheets for students to do. This tab in the binder is more for the days that I know I will be out.
The final tab is just for the substitutes! It is a page for them to fill out at the end of the day. I like that it is organized, and it is easy for them to just fill in.
There is one final tab after this one that has "extra work" in case the things that I have left, are not enough. Always a worry for teachers!
Now on to where this is all kept! The Sub Box! As I stated I keep this "box" on the counter in the back of my room so it is easily accessible to my coworkers. I have weeks worth of lesson plans for writing, and math, and Ela. I also have enough copies for every student in the class. It makes it very easy for my co-workers to just come in, and pull things from it. This is what it looks like:
As you can see there are directions taped to the front, along with file folders with different lessons and worksheets for the kids to use. At the very back is where I keep my Binder.
I hope this is helpful, and inspiring to you to use in the future in your own classroom. It took some time to make all the copies, and get things together, but in the end it pays, off big time!









Thanks for the visuals, they definitely help me see how I could use it in my own classroom.
ReplyDeleteThank you! All it took was just a little bit of time, copying, and printing!
ReplyDelete